Welcome to the African Roar annual anthology submissions.
We publish African writers only (writers born in Africa, or having domiciled in for over 10 years, and/or holding citizenship in an African country). If that's you, we welcome you to submit in all fiction genres. The submitted work must be an original work, nothing that infringes the copyright of, or is derived from, another author's work of fiction, is overly lewd, hate speech, etc.
Works submitted may be: Fictional short stories only.
We are open for submissions year-round, but our reading period is Dec-Jan and final deadline for each year is Dec 31st.
The anthology is selected and edited each year by Emmanuel Sigauke and Ivor Hartmann, and published by StoryTime.
1) Must be unpublished (not previously published in print or online).
2) No simultaneous submissions (only submitted to this anthology and no other publications).
3) No multiple submissions (submit only one work in each year).
4) Word count limits: 1500 - 8000 words
5) Submission format: single line spaced, font Times New Roman 12pt, no indents, UK English.